|Membrane Bags Help Power Plant Meet Output Requirements. |
This utility was load-limited, and could not sustain full-load operations. When dispatch called for 120 megawatts of power, this station could not respond. They were baghouse-limited, running at 11” – 12” DP and could not draft the boiler sufficiently at full load.
Midwesco introduced our 107TEX woven fiberglass with ePTFE membrane to solve this problem. Midwesco’s 107TEX uses a micro-porous ePTFE membrane to enhance air flows, reduce media drag and enhance ash release.
Midwesco had filter bags and installation crews on-site within three weeks after receiving the order. Our crews, working with the unit online, completely redressed the ten-compartment reverse-gas cleaned baghouse within less than two weeks. By the time only six compartments were dressed with the new 107TEX fiberglass/membrane bags, this utility was able to run at full load, meeting the dispatch order for 120 megawatts.
1. Utility now considering burning less-expensive, higher ash coal, will save on fuel costs.
2. Baghouse operates at 2” – 4” DP, lower fan operating costs
3. Cleaning system operations reduced 75%, equals longer bag life.
4. Opacity excursions eliminated.
5. Dispatch has full access to plant capacity.